What we do
Brilliant, forward-thinking theatre that responds to its time and place
Our mission is to dazzle and inspire, reflect the aspirations and concerns of our audiences and fuel civic pride. In our theatres, communities, schools and outside Liverpool – we hope to ignite the imagination and explore what it is to be human.
At the Everyman, we have a resident Company of actors who are with us for six months of the year. Embedded in the local community, they perform four shows in rotation and work on various outreach projects during their time with us. There’s a short visiting season where like-minded friends (Kneehigh, Graeae, Hoipolloi) share their work with us and, of course, there’s the legendary Everyman Rock ‘n’ Roll panto at Christmas.
It is our aspiration to bring national and international companies of the highest quality to the Playhouse and the city. We work with a number of companies in a residency style (Headlong, Out of Joint, Northern Broadsides, Shakespeare’s Globe, Gecko, 1927). Their regular engagement with us often stretches beyond the work on stage, into our schools and communities.
Our award-winning youth arts programme, Young Everyman Playhouse (YEP), is integrated into every aspect of our work and includes traineeships in producing, technical theatre, directing and acting.
Click on the images below to discover more about what we do.
Liverpool Everyman & Playhouse theatres.
Two great theatres. One creative heart.
- Young Everyman Playhouse
- Our award-winning youth arts programme provides opportunities for young people aged 14 to 25 no matter their circumstances or experience
- Our Learning team supports teachers and provides opportunities for students of all ages to explore the process of making theatre
- We provide Audio Described, BSL interpreted, Captioned, Dementia Friendly and Relaxed performances at both theatres when we can
- Hires & events
- Our dedicated events team will be happy to show you around either theatre and discuss how we can help to create, plan and support your event
- What's on
- At both theatres, we offer a varied programme of work along with regular events (that are often free), workshops and development opportunities
- Support us
- We’re a registered charity and our Development team work to raise funds from individuals, charitable trusts, foundations, business members and sponsors
- Our Community outreach team offers creative opportunities to many people who wouldn't ordinarily think that theatre was for them
- New works
- Our New works team run regular development opportunities, playwright support and events for new writers and theatre makers
- Food & drink
- At the Everyman, we serve breakfast, lunch, pre-theatre and supper in the street café and programme regular events in the bistro. At the Playhouse, we have three bars offering pre-show drinks